Sunday, April 11, 2010

How is it April already?

I looked at the calendar this morning - Sunday, April 11. Where was March, and how did I miss it? 2010 has flown by. I've somehow survived an endless round of exams, presentations, due dates, etc. I knew this semester was going to be hard, but wow - this was way more than expected. Most of the time, I feel like I barely have my head out of the water with the waves churning and crashing over me. There were more than a few times where I thought, "If I don't pass this semester, then what will I do with my life?" Thankfully, I think I'm going to be ok...for now. I have at least 2 weeks before my next exam, so maybe my sympathetic nervous system (fight or flight) will have a little relief.

In addition to studying, I've been trying to stay involved in wedding plans, which seem to be coming together nicely. Thank God for my wedding planner though! If I didn't have her, I'd still be trying to pick a date. The hardest part right now is the guest list. We've somehow gone from 100 people to 130 invitations. There are so many more people we'd like to invite. We're also still working on the reception menu. Since we both love Mexican food and don't have access to really good Mexican food in DC, we're having the reception at a Mexican restaurant in Bham. The place is really cute, and their regular menu has exactly what we wanted. However, when I saw their catering menu, it was not really even Mexican food - they didn't even have salsa on it! I sent back a menu of what I wanted, and somehow the price per person increased. Casual Mexican food is supposed to be cheap. If every person that's coming to the restaurant ordered their own entree, it would be MUCH cheaper. Now I feel sorry for my dad with his 4 daughters.

It hasn't been ALL work and no play. C and I did make it down to the Tidal Basin last weekend to enjoy the beautiful weather and peak cherry blossoms.










No comments:

Post a Comment