Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Days

Well, once again, I've fallen short on blogging. It's been a crazy couple of months. I finished my first semester of anesthesia school - only 6 more to go. C and I went to NYC after I finished my finals and right before Christmas where we got engaged (!). He did a really good job, and I was completely surprised. Now, I'm trying to figure how to plan a wedding long distance and how to make it work with my school schedule.



We went to Bham for Christmas and had a great time seeing family. For New Years we went to Nashville and had a blast ringing in 2010 with friends.

Before I knew it, it was time to start school again. This semester has definitely been heavier than the last one - 2 extra classes will do that. A few things that have happened thus far to make my life a little more interesting:

-My car was involved in a hit and run. It snowed on the last weekend of February, and C made a grocery store run for me. He was parked on the side of the street when a car came by and scraped my car. The other car subsequently drove away. C chased him several blocks and was able to get the license plate number. The car did stop, the driver rolled down the window, and drove away again! Luckily, there were several people outside playing in the snow that witnessed it. One guy even got pictures.

-Between Fri and Sat February 5-6, it snowed 25-30 inches. I've never seen so much snow in my life - total! It was beautiful. When I got up Saturday morning, it was already up to my knees, and it hadn't stopped snowing. It was fun because I never lost power, most everyone I know lives within walking distance, and my landlord shoveled my walkway.






-On top of the record amount of snow from Saturday, it snowed 7-10 more inches Tuesday night. I haven't been to school since Friday.

-While it was still snowing this morning, I lost my keys. I had taken Duncan out, and when I reached for my keys to let myself back in the apt, they were not there. The best I can figure is that when I pulled a bag out of my pocket, my keys fell on the ground. This normally would have been noticed, but since there was a lot of snow on the ground with more coming, they must have landed softly. Needless to say, I still haven't found them. Luckily, my landlord lives upstairs, so he was able to let me back in.

I'm not sure I can take much more excitement while trying to survive this semester. I've had some good study time this week, but one can only take so much. I just hope this doesn't affect my spring break...

No comments:

Post a Comment