Friday, August 21, 2009

Crime, Punishment, Ducks, and Poe

A couple of weeks ago, I discovered a $6 after 6 (regularly $20) deal for DC residents at the Museum for Crime and Punishment, so C and I decided to take advantage. They have Al Capone's and Bonnie and Clyde's cars, old punishment devices, bios on famous most wanted people, CSI labs, etc. A few pics:


Heat sensitive photo


Bonnie and Clyde's car


Don't think I would've made it in the stocks


Most Wanted


Don't mess with the law


#2 definitely did it

This past weekend, my friend Katie was visiting some friends in Baltimore, so she decided to come visit me, too! She was my first visitor, so it was a test of my skills as a DC tour guide. Not sure how I did, but we had fun. We walked went to Dupont Circle, ate at Lauriol Plaza (my favorite Mexican in the city), visited the Smithsonian Castle, hung out on the Georgetown waterfront, and rode the DC Duck. The Ducks are WWII vehicles that can go on land or water. We got a pretty interesting tour around the city and then floated down the Potomac. They even gave us duck bill quackers (which the 20 children on the tour loved). We ended her visit in Baltimore. She showed me around her city with some food in Little Italy, Charm City Cakes (which will not allow visitors or let you see in the windows), Lexington Market, and Edgar Allen Poe's grave. We fit a lot into 2 short days, and it was great seeing a familiar face!


Capt. Bucky getting ready to take us into the water


Katie on the Potomac


With my quacker


In Baltimore


Edgar Allan Poe's grave
















No comments:

Post a Comment